Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Smokey is no longer with me

When kalu gave birth to four pups ...the whole colony came to congratulate me ...even the pettifogs who kept bickering about her untidy ways to my MIL. For the record, Kalu is a stray . Her cute four pups meant a life to me , and I looked forward to coming home each day to hold them in my arms, play ball with them...pat them lovingly ....force Kalu to sit at one place so that they could be fed.
I named the four smokey,snowy,chestnut and browny ...They would always play in our lane and sleep below the residents' cars.
Yesterday , someone's car hit smokey and he kept crying all evening ...nothing seemed wrong with him ...nothing broken so I thought that he had just had a shock..though when I tried to hold him , he cried in pain.
In the morning , when I got up for my jog, I found him gone ...He had died of internal bleeding ..
WHY DID I NOT TAKE HIM TO A VET YESTERDAY??????
I am sorry smokey!! Please forgive me ...I have failed you ....When I remember your beseaching eyes when you looked at me yesterday ...I feel like crying all over again

0 comments: