Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Love,Sex aur Dhokha....and the Rage of Kauls

OKKK...I already know that this movie has got the whole world raving about how novel the concept is ,how raw the actors are,as well as the scenes (err...read a particular scene) but my take on this movie is ......dhokha.
Yes,thats what Dibankar Banerjee has given me by making this film.
Who the hell gave him an idea to make a movie where all the three stories are as predictable as a mills and boon,where every scene is etched right out of something we have already read about or know? I mean,after a khosala ka ghosala and a oye lucky lucky oye ....I expected something breakthrough.
This is what happens when you decide to trust Nikhat Kazmi's review.
And they go around saying concept of handycams is new new new....puhlease!!!! last year we had paranormal activity ...and before that blairwitch project. Its a concept new in India,I agree..but weren't we comparing ourselves with world cinema?So whats this brouhaha about being new in bollywood?
Then,coming back to stories...first one is a Nitish Katara meets your regular honour killing stories.Second is dilli-wali-mms ripoff and the third one is your sting operations....nothing new here,except that the language is too explicit (so are the scenes ..in all their full glory of distaste,but I guess post Vishal Bharadwaj era, hindi cheap-talk is the new in thing).

I know he is being lauded as the best we have in the current times.I beg to differ.Give me Anurag Kashyap anyday .

0 comments: