Monday, April 12, 2010

No Como Carne

It's 1 am in the night and I am bloddy groggy ..I make my way to the cafetaria in a half-awake dazed slumber and while the ccd guys brews a cup of Joe for me ...I hear this sound and wince......

Not again !!!
My eyes draw themselves towards these bugs getting electrocuted/torched under the footlight ..and I hopelessly look around to think of someway I can help save them from getting killed this atrocious way ...what a waste of life !!!!!!

I move over to the yo china stall to get something to eat ...The guy has advertised his "succulent chicken".I feel abhorrance in my bones.......Why does someone have to describe a carcass as succulent ?.My mind starts running a motion picture of hens and roosters hanging upside down being brought in for a slaughter.

Then my mind asks inadvertantly ..Is it only the suffering that is visible that matters?What if it said succulent cabbage ..It won't matter would it ?Even though you know plants are living forms too ?

My mind puts me back by a week ,when coming back home at 4 am on my hubby's birthday ,i plucked some wild flowers to give him ...The way they oozed out some liquid had me feel as if it was blood and I had amputated the plant for a seemingly innocous gift .
So am I being a phony here?
Or am I just overreacting ?
I wouldn't know...but all I know is I wouldn't find peace.

0 comments: