Monday, March 15, 2010

pour le etat moi

A conversation overheard at the office sutta corner ...
A: IPL's here man ! how I missed it all this time...I hope Delhi daredevils get the trophy home this chance round huh!
B: I don't care for delhi daredevils...I am a bong yaar ...KKR rules.
A(astonishment in voice apparent ) : C'mon yaar, you've been living in delhi for like what ,three years ? that makes you a delhiite, dosen't it ?
Methinks .... Do we need to decide who we cheer for on the basis of state agaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin? Isn't one MNS enough ? Why can't I cheer for Sachin if I love him without anyone reminding me that he is playing for mumbai and not for Delhi ,or Kolkata ,or Rajasthan ,or wherever I belong ?
Besides , I can cheer for whoever I feel like .I am a staunch follower of behenji ...and she hasn't bought any team for Ghaziabad ..(apparently poor dear isn't left with any money after spending 200 crores on Kanshiram's birthday..so till the time Ghaziabad Gundas is formed in lines of Rajasthan Royals.....three cheers for ...well ...whosoever takes my fancy.

0 comments: