Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Going GAGA over GAGA

From the day I heard (and subsequently saw) the video of 'pokerface', I have been singing accolades of Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, better known as Lady GAGA.
Yes,I know thats a far cry from my usual gothic-symphonic metal thing ...and my abhorrance for blond-pop(self coined term for Britany-Gwen-Christina-Paris types pop) is known world over...but I am trying to fathom what makes me immensely like GAGA's trash videos and her europop-dancerock inspired music.
Lyrics..for one?
Not sure...but risque' and shock value has always amused me ....but that's not it ....I like her voice...there is something unusual about the timber of her voice ....( some pieces from bad romance and papparazzi , for instance )
And then her amazingly unique fashion sense .....call me what you want, but I don't find her vulgar. I also keep trying to fathom who comes up with those geometrical glasses and pearls-studded-on-the-face ideas for her .
GAGA is the next Madonna....and rightly so.
P.S.... Just love "We're dead to the world by Nightwish...Why the hell did they drop Tarja Turunen?

0 comments: