Monday, February 15, 2010

The Baked and burnt memories

Friday,12th Feb, I was speaking to my friend over phone who was describing the ordeal of watching MNIK in a theater where "the front three rows where packed with police and so was 15 meter radius of the hall". I joked that with all the police busy with saving people from the sainiks...I expect another bomb blast.
And then, it did.
This post is not to take out my anger on government,or ourselves, or anyone.
This post is about a shaken me who feels more and more insecure as terror strikes nearer and nearer.
German bakery is around 500 meters from my Pune home.All my Pune years,it has been one of out regular hangouts,since its near,its cheap and its quite a fun place with a lot of eye candy (of all weird kinds..since 80% of the visiting crowd is that of Osho foreigners,who are as bizzare as they can be).
We would hangout in the evenings, in the mornings, after dinner.....in fact,any time you name it .
You could never find any table empty...you kind of had to share all the time..Once,after dinner we decided to have masala chai at the bakery,but didn't find a single table. My inebirated friend just plopped herself in the midst of a couple,simpering at them till the time we dragged her out in embarrassment.
We would go,sit and gossip(hehe! look at the guy to your left ...what in the hell is that sore like stuff on his eye...OMG that's a bangle....the woman to your right ...is she wearing a bra over her shirt...what kind of makeup is that woman wearing ..is that a black lipstick ?)
There are lots of incidents buzzing in my mind that I can't write about (censored kinds) ...but I kind of am sure that when I will go to Pune in near future ...the bakery would be back ..and because of the commonplace occurance (unfortunately ironic) called blasts, people won't really be scared of catching a couple of moments of bliss as they used to there earlier.
Or so I hope.

0 comments: