Monday, July 11, 2011

Raindrop Tourism ... New Fad catching up?

Last week hubby and I were arguing on where to go for a vacation . When I suggested Goa , he literally rolled on the floor laughing (that's what's ROFLis , isn't it? ). "What ? Who goes to goa in rains? In fact , who goes anywhere in rains? except for trekking perhaps..?"

But I still wanted to go .I love goa , and out of the three times I have been there , two have been during the rains .....and how I've revelled in them !


The deluge engulfs you unawares and before your mind conjures a thought of bringing out an umberella , it stops. The whole city shines in minty fresh emerald green that takes your breath away . The swaying palm trees along the coastline ,dancing to the music of winds. What I love most is getting drenched while scampering around on a beach .


A cloudy beach might not sound fun , but to me it's inviting ...as if it's opening its arms to embrace me ..as if it'a calling me to ride a winter storm.


But these thoughts ,when shared ,bring more criticism.People call me a dreamer .


So yesterday when I read about "raindrop tourism " and realised there are more people around who feel the same .... I was ecstasic. A small number of people are flocking to Goa ,spellbound by the same allure that haunts me . I am still hoping I will convince someone to join me to Goa this monsoon .

0 comments: