Wednesday, July 20, 2011

1960s...the pandora's box of spellibinding music

If I were asked to pinpoint a decade of mesmerizing music in hindi cinema, I would undoubtedly point to the 60s. Almost all the songs that I love and adore are from this decade . Songs for all emotions , poignance, fun, humor, happiness, longing as well as songs with spellbinding lyrics in sanskritized hindi or chaste urdu . Songs that speak Indian folklore. Songs that make you wish you were born in that decade to experience them first hand . I have a huge list of favorites , and I shy away from listing them since I am afraid I would miss out on a couple . Here However are a few :-


Ja re ud la re panchi ( Maya )

ja re
Sansar se bhage firte ho (chitralekha)

Mujhe kitna pyar hai tumse (dil tera diwana)

All songs of amrapali

Lag ja gale ( Who kaun thi )

Naina barse ( Who kaun thi )

Chalo ek baar fir se ( Gumraah)

Aaap aaye to khayale( Gumraah)

And so on … I think the songs of 60s are a treasure trove of what is called “Karnapriya “ in Sanskrit .

0 comments: