Friday, November 19, 2010

The house of thousand lanterns


Catchy title? you bet !!! hey , before your mind races its horses and concludes that this is going to be some travel journal where I will be doling out details of some place I visited that was adorned with ek haazaar laaltein... STOP!

I have been revisiting gothic romance for the last couple of months ....and I am delighted . When the page after page descriptions of haunted houses bathed in mesmerising moonlight, full of secret passages and ghostly staircases intersperse your mind, its nothing but pure pleasure. Be it mysteries of Udolpho or Lady in white ..or the more contemporary writings of Victoria Holt...you are jettisoned into a world you love and from where you don't want to come back.

I even started off with a genre called weird fiction ... but got too scared after a read a couple of stories...I guess I am just a chicken hearted person who tries to pretend nothing spookes her .

All in all , they are all great reads ...I am sure you would like to share your opinions

1 comments:

vC said...

oh..the title is catchy indeed.
the post is so haunting.
LOL