Thursday, September 30, 2010

So much to say ...

So I am finally back from my four month long siesta...The truth is I was active on another blog of mine, gothbroth.wordpress.com. Its a blog about music ...goth metal in particular and all genres of music in general.

I wanted to tell you how I felt about going back to college
I joined MBA from a prestigious college recently and couldn't contain my excitement from the day results were announced..What would it be like after so long a time period...say, 6 years? It must be diffrent this time round..would it be fun,hardwork and excitement ? Would I make new friends?
While it was fun rushing through the college corridors, books in a hand, laptop in another ..What was most exciting was the competitive spirit that suddenly came back after all these years. What was disappointing was the same stress lecturers throw on exams and studies...without even realising that we are working professionals, its more important for us to understand concepts than scoring marks...the certificate won't help us as much as properly driven-into-the-mind basics would.
So was the attitude of students ....everyone kept asking lecturers from the first moment what was important from the exam point of view...I think its a mindset problem ..even though we keep on rattling about the things that are wrong with our education system..we inherently support the same.
But maybe it was the first impression ..I am sure there will be more learnings in the days to come

0 comments: