Friday, April 23, 2010

Caustic tones in a dulcet garb


How many people do you know whose only job in this world seems to put others down?
I know at least one.

I have this woman in my relation(I would call her A) who has some bone of contention with me.Since the day we've met,the only thing i have seen her doing is - use seemingly innocous remarks to irritate me,or show me in a diffrent light. Sample this ,

A :What's this doctor's coat that you're wearing ?
Me: Doctor's coat? But this is tweed.
A : Looks more like a doc's coat..perhaps since its so shapeless..
(Believe me ,its absolutely not shapeless)

A: I recieved calls from all colleges,engineering included but i decided against it since every second person is an engineer nowadays.
Me:
!@#$%^& ( You must have guessed by now that I am an engineer).

A : People dont learn sensible things nowadays. They would go around learning languages but wont bother to learn cooking.
(My dears, that's again for me, since I 've learnt french and spanish but am not a great chef.)

and so on..I am sick and tired by now..I would devise scathing replies in my mind earlier but curb them at the thought of sounding churlish.However, a little hard work helped me devise my own replies that don't hurt anyone,but serve my purpose. EG:

A: You must be not be facing jetlag issues when you go onsite to Texas .After all, as it is you work night shifts.Its for poor us who work in the day .
Me: Oh no! not at all, I reach there in the late after afternoon,and while coming back ,at night.But you won't know that,having never gone anywhere outside the country,I mean.

Cheap shot ,I know.But has her dumb.Next time she would think twice before she decides to join a verbal war.

5 comments:

DiDo said...

Punch her on the face..!!! ohh u get loads of namunass like her in the world...!! i have some too ;)

Yuvika said...

some ppl deserve all the cheap shots - so go ahead! cheers!

Anonymous said...

shilpa spells spitfire!!wowie ..love ur firebrand avtaar :)

Anonymous said...

shilpa spells spitfire!!wowie ..love ur firebrand avtaar :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.